Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wii: Error Code 209552 After System Update

So I got my Wii back online after a long period of neglect in that area. Since the wife and I have been playing a lot more, I decided it was time to get it back online. I'm also waiting to see if they ever release the original Super Smash Bros on the Virtual Console (no luck so far).

So, I get my Wii online, do the system update, and lo and behold, I can't connect to the Wii Store Channel. I kept getting an error 209552. I am not sure what caused this, since I have also recently changed wireless routers, but the dang thing wouldn't connect after the system update (had enough connectivity beforehand to at least get a system update).

To fix this, I ended up having to change the broadcast channel on my wireless router from 6 to 1. Once I changed that, everything worked like a charm again.

No comments: