Thursday, August 08, 2013

BIRT: BIRT DaVinci Plugin

Recently, I had the opportunity to catch up with the author of BIRT Chart DaVinci, Keith Howard, at a BIRT get together in the Bay Area. I had previously blogged about Chart DaVinci, so it's no secret that I like it. But there was always one little issue for me, and that was the manual application of the scripts. So, after chatting with Keith, we came up with a solution. Why not build a plugin for BIRT that displays all the styles in Chart DaVinci in a gallery that the user can select and apply to a report, and the plug-in does all the work. And that is exactly what I built. So, without further ado, the BIRT Chart DaVinci Plugin is available over at the BIRT Exchange. Follow the instructions and start applying some slick, pre-done styles to your BIRT charts.

No comments: